Monday 19 August 2013

Baby toiletry essentials

When I reached my 35th week of pregnancy I realised that I really should start buying some toiletries for the Mini Grumpy Egyptian and myself in case I went into labour early. Walking around the shops, I was amazed at how much variety there is and a quick Google search showed every mum had their own favourite brands. After a couple of bad product tries... I have come up with my top picks for babies and will do a post later for mums.

Nappies

I chose the disposable route and after some horror leaks with other brands, a friend recommended I try the Tesco Loves Baby ones and we haven’t (touch wood!) had a leak yet.

Wipes
To be honest we are still changing on this one as the ones we used to get in Oman for some reason cause a reaction on the little one when we got them in the UK. Currently trying out the Tesco Loves Baby sensitive wipes and Huggies Pure wipes as they were on offer. Loving the fact the Tesco ones have a proper lid to them instead of the useless peel/restick one many wipes seem to. When it comes to nappy bags I have been using the Mothercare ones as they are scented enough that if you are somewhere without a bin and need to do an emergency change that is going to be stuck in your bag for a while, it isn’t going to get offensive!

Nappy Rash cream

We have been lucky with Mini Grumpy Egyptian that she hasn’t had much issue here, but when she did seem a bit uncomfortable I tried a couple of products and found Boots Baby SensitiveBottom Balm was the way to go on this one. It acts like a barrier cream and helps sooth any sore bits so two big ticks there.

Bedtime routine
The Mini Grumpy Egyptian has never been too keen on bedtime, but loves the water so it was really important for me to try and introduce a bedtime routine that included a nice warm bath with lots of bubbles. Currently we use Tesco Loves Baby Bath Bedtime, but it can be quite hard to get hold of so have been known to use the Johnson’s bedtime bubblebath. However worth seeking out the Tesco version as it is cheaper, has a lovely relaxing smell and gives lots of bubbles for grumpy princesses! We follow her bath with Johnsons Baby Bedtime Lotion because it smells AMAZING.

Extras
When needed we use Boots Baby Sensitive Moisturiser on her face and (for when the sun shines in the UK) a bottle of Nivea Sun Kids Caring sun lotion at 50SPF+ keeps her skin safe.

So there are my favourites. What products do you consider your essentials?

The Egyptian Mummy

No comments:

Post a Comment