Friday 10 November 2017

Review: Tots Week at Butlins Bognor Regis - part 1 (getting there and accommodation)




If you'd have told me a year ago that I'd go on a holiday a) to Bognor Regis and b) to Butlins I would have laughed. Butlins to me was somewhere we went to with day passes as kids and while I'm sure we had fun, they were never anything I was in much of a hurry to repeat.

Even when we booked up our week away, you'd see people smirking and I genuinely began to wonder if I'd made a mistake. Everyone spoke about drunk adults, arguments over the buffet and swearing in the swimming pool. However I'm pleased to say.... we loved our little trip!

We chose one of the Tots Weeks where all the activities are aimed at under 5s meaning that I knew there would be lots to keep Issy entertained. Mister Maker was there during our visit as well as Playdoh 3D and appearances from Tellytubbies and other popular children's characters.


Getting there


We got the train! I don't drive and I always think the train at Issy's age (it was the week before her third birthday) totally adds to the adventure. It was an easy ten minute walk from Bognor Regis train station even with a grumpy three year old and a suitcase and the stroll gave us our first sneaky peak at the beach! The town itself is a few minutes from the resort so if you want to leave the car at home but worry about grabbing any essentials then rest assured it's doable!

The accommodation

We had decided to go for a hotel and after looking at the 3 available, opted for The Wave as it seemed the most us. Check in was super easy despite us being early and we got a sneaky upgrade as we were there for madam's birthday. Reception staff were FAB and became invaluable for little nuggets of info throughout the week. 


Our room was way better than I expected with lovely bathroom (decent bath - yes!!!), super comfy big bed for me in the main living room area and a separate kids room with bunk beds (cue VERY excited child) and her own little TV! Our room had a little balcony that overlooked a car park and lovely play park across the road, but the noise never disturbed us. Great additions were a little fridge for the water (and *ahem* wine) and snacks we'd bought with us, plus decent quiet air conditioning.



Housekeeping were such stars throughout the week and made sure doggie (Issy's cuddly toy she is inseparable from) was kept entertained by making towel animals to occupy him and letting us borrow an extra towel for swimming when I accidentally placed ours out for washing.

On day one however there was lots to see so we dumped our bags, played around with some stuff in the room and headed out into the resort to find our way round!

For part two of our Butlins trip with information on facilities, food and our only issue with the visit, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment